Get ready to don your green, grab a shamrock, and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with friends, family, or even strangers. You may not be able to make it over to Ireland or experience the festivities first-hand, but you can still have a great time celebrating this event right here in the UAE. Here are some ideas for you…
Get your leprechaun on
What better way to get into the spirit of St Patrick’s Day than by throwing your own Irish-themed party? Check out this party checklist to get you inspired…
- Decorations – Go all out with decorations like shamrock banners or four-leaf clover balloons. You can even dress up to match your theme.
- Drinks – Have a go at making some green drinks like Shamrock Sours, mint mojitos or a non-alcoholic option like pistachio milkshakes.
- Activity – Set up a baking station for your guests to make their own goodies like traditional Irish soda bread or Guinness cupcakes. Don’t forget to keep the Irish music playing throughout the day.
Once you have everything prepared for your big celebrations, share your plans with the community group and open up the invitation to all.
Say Sláinte at an Irish event
Whether you’re looking for some delicious pub grub or just want to enjoy some live music, there are plenty of traditional Irish pubs around town offering specials on Guinness and other craft brews. Here are some celebrations you can head to with the lifestyle group…
- Fibber Magee’s is Dubai’s oldest and most iconic Irish pub so there should be no surprise that they will be celebrating true Irish style. Head here for the best Guinness in town, homely pub grub, live entertainment and sports.
- If live music is what you are after this holiday then look no further than The Irish Village in Garhoud where they will be hosting their annual St Paddy’s Bash with an array of bands performing a variety of traditional Irish tunes throughout the day.
- Nobody does St Patrick’s Day in Dubai better than McGettigan’s. The beloved pub is pulling out all the stops for St Paddy’s Day 2023 by hosting the ultimate festival at Media City Amphitheatre with The Script confirmed as headline act. With brunch & festival packages which include unlimited drinks, you can choose how hard you want to celebrate this holiday.
Don’t forget to mark March 17th on your calendar – it’ll be here before you know it. You can also find an array of events, celebrations and all around fun-times on the ASKWHO community group. Happy St Patrick’s Day🍀