Welcome to ASKWHO. Our service allows you to create opportunity through connectivity by closing the ever-increasing void of digital and physical interaction Our company and contact details are at the bottom of these terms.
The App store’s terms also apply.
The ways in which you can use the app may also be controlled by the applicable app store’s rules and policies and where there is a difference between these terms and the relevant app store’s rules and policies, these terms will apply instead.
You must be 18 or over (or the minimum legal age in your country) to accept these terms and use the app. You must also provide accurate information about yourself, create only one account (your own) and not share your password or give access to your account to others.
In order to start using the app, you will need to register either manually using an email address and phone number for verification purposes. Alternatively, you can use one of your existing social media profiles to create an account for you. Our app currently integrates with various social media platforms. Platform accessibility may change over time and we cannot guarantee that, at any given time, you will always be able to link to your preferred social media accounts.
Compatibility issues for use of the app will depend on your phone. Check your relevant Appstore terms for details.
You agree that you will:
- Not impersonate any other person, use virtual private networks, false e-mail addresses or any other means to mask your identity;
- Create a single account, representing accurate information about yourself and using the same name in your daily life.
- Agree for us to use the content, created and shared by you. You will own the intellectual property rights for the content you create. However when uploading or sharing on Askwho you agree to grant us with a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the app in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us.
- Not copy the app, except as part of the normal use of the app or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security.
- Not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the app, nor permit the app or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the app on devices as permitted in these terms.
- Not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the app nor attempt to do any such things.
- Not use the app in any unlawful manner (including in any manner that is unlawful in the UAE or any other country), for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the app or any operating system.
- Not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the app (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms).
- Not transmit or upload any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable including, without limitation material that is bullying, unlawful, discriminatory, harmful or inappropriate.
- Not use the app if you are a convicted sex offender.
- Not use the app or attempt to reactivate the account if we have disabled your account due to violations of our policies.
- If your country prohibits the use of our products or service, you should not use the app under the applicable laws, when within the respective country.
- Not transmit or upload any material where you do not have the permissions to do so (whether concerning a third party which may impact their privacy, that is subject to intellectual property restrictions or otherwise).
- Not use the app in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with or upset other users.
- Not collect or harvest any information or data from any service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any service.
- You may not transfer the app to someone else.
- We are giving you personally the right to use the app as set out above and you may not otherwise transfer the app to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which the app is installed, you must remove the app from it.
Update to the App
- From time to time we may automatically update the app to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the app for these reasons.
- If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the app or experience a loss of functionality.
- We are not responsible for other websites or third parties you link to.
- The App will contain links (and enable you to share documentation) to other independent apps, services or websites which are not provided by us such as the work providers. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
Intellectual property rights
- All intellectual property rights in the app throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in the app are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the app other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
- We are free to use any photos, comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may upload through the app or send to us (“content”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the app, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, you agree not to enforce waive any “moral rights” in and to the content, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- We are not liable for business losses. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Limitations to the app. The app is provided for general information purposes only. They do not offer financial advice or any other advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the app. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the App, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether explicit or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Please back-up content and data used with the app. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the app, to protect yourself in case of problems with the app.
- Check that the app is suitable for you. The app have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the app (as described on the App-store) meet your requirements.
- We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the app service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
- We may end your rights to use the app if you break these terms
- We may suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the app at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
- If we end your rights to use the app:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App.
- You must delete or remove the app from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the app which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
- You agree to compensate us; in respect of any damages suffered by us, or any of our losses resulting from any claim made by a third party. In any matter arising from your use of the app in breach of these terms or from your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- No rights for third parties
- This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these terms.
- If a court finds part of these terms illegal, the rest will continue in force
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing these terms, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply and where you may bring legal proceedings
- These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts. Otherwise, any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be resolved by the courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre in Dubai, UAE.
Support for the app and how to tell us about problems
- Contacting us (including with complaints). If you have any questions, queries or complaints, need help or have any problems using the app or need report either a user or inappropriate/offensive content you can do so within the app by clicking on the report button. Alternatively, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, if you are a consumer based in the European Union, you have a statutory right to refer disputes that may occur to the EU Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform available https://ec.europa.eu/
Last updated: [08/02/2020]